Are you interested in working in the conservation field? Do you enjoy being outdoors and speaking with the public? Would you like to develop and deliver educational programs?
The OWCC is Bennington’s nature center. We aim to connect our community to the outdoors by offering a variety of educational programs to adults, families, children and students of all ages in the tri-state area. The OWCC consists of an education center and the adjacent 96 acre Greenberg Reserve; our living laboratory with meadow, wetland, and woodland environments.
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated intern to join our small, friendly staff over the summer of 2015.
- 30 hours/week including Saturday
- June 8-August 15
The intern will be expected to assist in all aspects of education at the OWCC, and will have the opportunity to develop an area of particular interest through research and programming.
- Greet and assist visitors in the education center and on the Reserve
- Design and prepare education center exhibits
- Develop, assist/lead non-formal education programs at the center and on the Reserve
- Prepare a report at the end of the summer season
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- An interest in, and basic general knowledge of, the ecology of Southern Vermont
- Must have completed some college, preferably to have included natural science/education courses
- Ability to interact with people of all ages
- A willingness to learn
- The ability to work outside in all types of weather.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of two references to: Jen Loyd-Pain, One World Conservation Center, PO Box 4715, Bennington, VT 05201. The application deadline is April 30, 2015.